Event 1005, Application Error

Hello!

My hard drive has started to randomly freeze all the time when i'm using the computer. Weather it be when i'm browsing the internet. opening a folder or playing a game it freezes for a couple of seconds. The program i'm currently using crashes ("this program is not responding") and after 3-4 seconds it starts working again. I ran the hard drive error check tool but it didn't find anything. In the event viewer i got the following error:

Windows cannot access the file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\Indexer\CiFiles\00010008.ci for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Microsoft Windows Search Indexer because of this error.

Program: Microsoft Windows Search Indexer
File: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\Indexer\CiFiles\00010008.ci

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: C0000185
Disk type: 3

I've located the files and following the instructions it's telling me to open it, but the file is in some format which I can't open so step one is not doable. The disk is fully inserted to the computer as far as i know and it's not on some removable disk. I've ran the CHKDSK but didn't get any errors. What can I do now?

Answer
Answer

Select Start, Control Panel, Indexing Options, Advanced, Rebuild.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/17880-index-rebuild.html

Rebuilding the index often takes a long time, literally hours, and using the computer whilst the procedure is being run is not a smart move as makes it take a lot longer.

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 22, 2020 Views 10,148 Applies to: