I also get net.framework 2.0 not installed,then when I try to install it the computer tells me it is installed . today i was on the web and a message came up that said internet explorer can not display the web page error0x80131700
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
We can run the SFC scan to check if any system files are missing. As a next step try enabling the .NET Framework in clean boot state.
Method 1. SFC SCAN
Let us run the SFC scan and verify it prevents this error to occur.
Use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password,
or click Allow.
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
We can also try enabling the .NET Framework in Clean Boot state and check if it works fine.
Here is the procedure to do it:
Clean Boot Troubleshooting:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
User Account Control permission.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the
password, Or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, try enabling the .NET Framework and check whether the problem is resolved.
9. After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
10. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
11. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
Hope to hear back from you soon.
Thanks and Regards: Shekhar S - Microsoft Support.
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Thanks and Regards, Shekhar Sharma
26 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.