Error: 1068- "The dependency group service or group failed to start" while trying to start Smart Card Resource Manager service.

Original Title: Smart Card Resource Manager won't start!
Hello,
I use (wont use) usb digital signature card. On XP work fine, but with 7 I have problem.
The service SCRM won't start. I tried automatic and manual, bud the servce won't start, just receive Error: 1068
Please help me.
Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2019 Views 2,391 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi KrAfLo,

-      Have you logged in as an administrator?

The Smart Card Resource Manager (SCRM) provides the basic infrastructure to all other smart card components.  It manages smart card readers on the system and application interactions.

All communications with smart card readers on Windows should take place through the SCRM.  It provides a rich interface to track, select, and communicate with all drivers that declare themselves as a member of the smart card reader device group.

Method 1: Smart Card service is dependent on Plug and Play service. Check if the Plug and Play service is started.

To resolve this behavior, set the startup type for Plug and Play to Automatic. To do so, follow these steps:

a.    Click Start, type services.msc, and then click  OK.

b.    Double-click Plug and Play. If you receive a Configuration Manager message, click OK.

c.    In the  Startup Type list, click Automatic, and then click OK.

d.    Close Services and restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Additionally refer the following post which addresses similar issue and has potential suggestions given by various users to fix this issue.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistahardware/thread/13db5904-a03a-46a9-8ed1-40b6edcb6792

Regards
Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.