Question

Q: easy transfer error message "cannot verify integrity of update.inf"

i am trying to install windows easy transfer software on my computer which is running windows xp pro with service pack 3. i have downloaded the software from microsoft .com and when i try to install it, i get an error message which says " SETUP CANNOT VERIFY THE INTEGRITY OF THE FILE UPDATE.INF. MAKE SURE THE CRYPTOGRAPHIC SERVICE IS RUNNING ON THIS COMPUTER". i have checked the setting for the cryptographic service on my old computer,and it shows to be running on my old computer. what do i need to do to get easy transfer installed on my old computer

Answer

A:

Hello amandahill,

Are you getting any other errors on your computer running Windows XP Pro SP3?  Or are you just getting the error " SETUP CANNOT VERIFY THE INTEGRITY OF THE FILE UPDATE.INF. MAKE SURE THE CRYPTOGRAPHIC SERVICE IS RUNNING ON THIS COMPUTER" only when trying to install Windows Easy Transfer?

I would remove Windows Easy Transfer from your Windows XP machine and go to the link below and try to download and install again.  Please let us know status.

Windows Easy Transfer for transferring from Windows XP (32bit) to Windows 7:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=4503

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 348 Last updated: March 15, 2018 Applies to: