Delay on boot due to multiple attempts to install NDProxy.sys, Srv.sys, and vga.sys

Recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 x86 and x64 in separate instances to see if the problem of a two minute period between the "windows is starting" screen and the desktop. Neither had a visible impact. I looked around online and found how to create a boot log. The following are the drivers/services that could not be installed during my startup:

4 instances of NDProxy.svs
1 instance of vga.sys (hadn't installed video card driver yet)
1 instance of srv.sys

After installing the necessary drivers and with no alert from the device manager, the boot time is still roughly 2 minutes.

My system specs:

Core 2 duo 2.4 GHz
Asus Commando Motherboard
Adaptec 2120S SCSI raid controller
2 x 73 GB Seagate Cheetah SCSI 15K raid 0
2 x 250 GB Seagate Barracuda non raid for install
2 GB Corsair DDR 800
EVGA 9800 GTS 512 MB

Right now I am at a loss on what to do. For reference my avg startup time in XP was around 10 seconds from the windows logo. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2018 Views 26,529 Applies to:
Answer

My Welcome screen stays on for 30-40 seconds, including a black screen with mouse cursor and loading circle spinning.  I've read dozens of articles regarding this problem and found after logging the Win 7 boot process, that I have the exact same errors in Peterka01's boot log (top message in this thread).

I have used msconfig to run a "clean boot" and a safe mode boot as well.  I found that welcome screen delay disappears when I safe boot, or activate and logon with a guest account.  The wallpaper bug that is often blamed for this, is not my issue, I have downloaded and installed all Windows 7 updates, including SP1.  I tried the KB hotfix after, just to make sure, and it said that I did not need to install it.

Also, I should point out that I just installed Win 7 clean on a new motherboard.  I have checked the components and cannot find any devices whose drivers are not installed/glitching.  Here's my platform specs:

Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R, bios FH

Intel Core i7 920

Corsair Dominator, 2x4 1600mhz, 8gb

Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD -- SATA3, Windows 7 Boot Drive

OCZ Vertex I, 2x30GB SSD's in RAID 0

WD20EARX 2TB HDD
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 2TB HDD

Sapphire HD6850

Seasonic X-Series 760W PSU

I have found the NDProxy.SYS file in the windows\system32\drivers directory where the boot log said it was looking for it .. only difference I could see, was that the NDProxy.SYS .. appears as "ndproxy.sys" in actual directory.  I can't change the file name in the directory, so I'm wondering where in the registery this located.  I found a registry entry for ndproxy.sys .. but there's no directory string to modify that I can see.  I checked my network adapters in the device manager also, but I only have one Realtek adapter installed.  There is another category below it that I usually don't see, Network Modules, with one device installed there.  I think it's for my router.  I'll try uninstalling that and or the adapter and reinstalling to see if anything happens.  Advice would be welcome!

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi Peterka01,

1.      Check if the issue persists in safe mode with networking, to boot the computer in safe mode with networking, restart the computer and press and hold F8 key (Press and hold f8 key before the windows logo). From the advanced boot option select ‘Safe mode’.

Link you may refer to: Start you computer in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

2.      If the issue does not persist in safe mode, then boot the computer in clean boot and check if any third party program is causing the problem. To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Follow the Steps listed below in the link to perform clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 Might be some third party application or program is causing the issue.

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:

i.                    Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

ii.                  If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

iii.                On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.

iv.                 When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

3.      You can even perform startup repair. Follow these steps:

i.        Boot Into 7 installation DVD

ii.      Choose your language settings and click Next

iii.    Click repair your computer

iv.   Choose your operating system and click Next. This should bring up system recovery options.

v.     Click on startup repair.

Link for reference: Startup Repair: frequently asked questions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Startup-Repair-frequently-asked-questions

Check the below link: Ways to improve performance:         http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/95f70af6-edd6-4f2f-9f02-7d6bdf0190611033.mspx

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.