Constantly receiving "C:\windows\system32\webio.dll" error message. Don't know what it's refering to or how to fix it.

PLEASE HELP! What does it mean when I receive this error message? How do I fix it?

"C:\windows\system32\webio.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

I'm unable to run any type of scan...my protection software has been turned off...my internet is connected but with limited access. Any solution?
Answer
Answer

Hi KiyaBella,

1)       When exactly do you get this error message?

2)       How long have you been facing this issue?

3)       When you say “Internet is connected but with limited access”, what exactly happens? Please provide more information on this

Method 1: If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. Run System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupt system files. To do this, follow the steps mentioned in the link below:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Method 2:  Put the computer in clean boot and then check to see if the issue persists

Follow Step 1 in the link below,
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Important: - Remember to put the computer back to normal startup follow step 7 in the link.

You may want to contact your virus protection software vendor for any known issues with their software.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 25, 2022 Views 4,398 Applies to: