Constant blue screen of death with no answers

I have had a constant problem multiple times per day with blue screens of death and Microsoft has no answers.

I bought the Windows 7 Ultimate edition last Octobor yet when I try to enter the code it tells me it's "expired" which makes no sense at all. So I'm relegated to this forum or paying $49 an hour to find out why Windows 7 sucks worse than any other edition I've ever known.

I've checked all the hardware (I built the machine myself so I'm not stupid about computers) and made sure that all the drivers, bios and everything is up-to-date. There are NO hardware conflicts.

The problem seems worse if I view videos or use Windows media player but even if I don't I get no warning and suddenly, "WHAM!" I get the countdown to 100 and it's stuck in blue screen with a note saying "Contact your computer administrator for further information.

When I check the error log it tells me that the error is in Windows 7 in an "unknown problem".

No data is ever transmitted to Windows for some reason (which really pisses me off because every other version of Windows ALWAYS sent data to Microsoft before) except every now and then but there is never a reference to where the problem relates to.

I spent a lot of money on this MSI 790-FX-GD70 motherboard and an AMD 6 core cpu. I have 16 GB of memory and this should be a state-of-the-art computer and it acts like a Windows 95 machine.

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 2,462 Applies to:
Answer
I haven't been able to tell anything from them and I've had MSI look at them and they say they're "inconclusive" as to what the problem is.

The errors are varied and seem to point to a hardware issue.

Can you do the following?:

Start > type eventvwr in the "Search programs and files" box and press "Enter" > expand "Custom Views" and then right-click "Administrative Events" > select "Save all events in Custom View As" and save as an .evtx file

Then make the resulting .evtx file available via Windows Live SkyDrive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.