Computer won't wake from sleep with Windows 7 sp1 installed

I have a very persistent and annoying problem.

My desktop consistently will not wake from sleep. When going to wake the computer, the fans spin up and everything becomes powered, but the display stays off. The only option at this point is to press and hold the power button or switch off the power supply. Windows will boot, run, and shutdown normally, but it fails every time when trying to wake from sleep. The problem started after installing Windows 7 service pack 1, and goes away if the service pack is uninstalled.

I have an EVGA FTW3 motherboard with a Crucial C300 SSD as my main drive. I thought I had found a fix with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2495523 but it didn't work. My bios is up to date, the firmware is current on my SSD, and my Marvell controller firmware is current. I have tried plugging my SSD into the Intel SATA ports (and disabling the Marvell controller while doing so) but it didn't help. I have gone through every BIOS setting imaginable with EVGA support, tried turning off "allow hybrid sleep" in the power settings. The only change that I have found that "fixes" the problem is uninstalling Windows 7 service pack 1.

My computer specs:

EVGA FTW3 motherboard

Core i7 980x processor

Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 (3 X 4GB) memory

EVGA GTX 580 Graphics

Crucial C300 SATA 6.0 Gps SSD

Western Digital 1 TB SATA 6.0 Gps data drive

Nvidia 3d Vision Kit

I am using the latest drivers for all devices because I just clean installed Windows 4 days ago in attempt to troubleshoot the situation.

Answer
Answer
For all you people with EVGA boards like me, the new beta bios "80" released on 3/29/2011 fixed the issue. http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=932958 I am sooooo happy to have my sleep mode back. Enjoy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
EVGA Beta Bios 80 fixed resume from S3 sleep for me too. Everything seems to be working perfectly after I did the bios flash.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 4,950 Applies to: