Question

Q: Computer freezes and goes to BSOD while playing games

Original Title: [HELP] Win 7 64 bit BSOD

Hello,

I´m having an issue with my PC. Sometimes (not at regular intervals) when I play some games on my PC it just freeze after a while and BSOD shows up making creepy repeating noise from moment when it froze. In BSOD I saw something about Dumping physical memory .... % . After few secs PC just restart with win error where i select Start Windows normally. PC boots without problem and after welcome screen a window will show up with this:

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown.

Windows can check online to solution to the problem.......

Problem details:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1051

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 124
  BCP1: 0000000000000000
  BCP2: FFFFFA800D474028
  BCP3: 00000000FF800000
  BCP4: 0000000000000124
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\020515-17440-01.dmp
  C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22308-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.

My computer:

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 3.5 GHz  mine is running on 4.4 GHz

GPU: MSI GTX 780 Ti

Board: Asus Maximus VII Ranger

RAM: 16 GB

Fan: Cooler Master V8 GTS

Of course Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1

Yes it´s gaming PC

This happens around once every two weeks.

Thanks for help.

[ Sorry for bad english :) ]

Answer

A:

Hello Volvo,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that your computer freezes and goes to BSOD while playing a game with the error message “Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown”.

I can understand the inconvenience that you have to go through due to this issue, however, let’s work together to get this issue resolved with our combined efforts.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Does this issue appear only while playing games? Does the computer work fine in normal usage?

2. Do you get any Blue Screen error code (something like 0x0000000) or any error message?

3. Were there any significant software or hardware changes made to the computer just before this issue?

This issue may appear due to some incompatible or corrupt device driver conflict, third party programs conflict or virus/malware attack on the computer. Let’s try these methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

First I would suggest you to run Windows in-built hardware devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. If issue persists, update Graphics card, Network card and chipset drivers from computer manufacturer website.

Step 1: Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-hardware-and-devices-troubleshooter

Step 2: Update graphics card, chipset and other important drivers.

You may refer the article below for help in updating drivers.

Update driver for hardware that isn’t working properly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly#update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly=windows-7

Method 2:

To eliminate whether this problem is due to a third party program conflict, let’s place the computer in clean boot state and check if the issue persists.

Clean boot is a process of starting your computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your computer performance.

Please refer the Microsoft article below to get more information on this.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please refer the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” in the article below and follow the steps to bring your computer to the normal state.

Method 3:

This issue may also appear due to virus or malware attack on your computer. Scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner just to make sure that your computer is free of all infections.

Download and run Microsoft safety scanner from the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Mann Manohar

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,143 Last updated: May 24, 2018 Applies to: