I have installed win 7 Home Premium on both my laptop and Desktop recently. The Laptop works fine with no issues, however, I cannot put the desktop into hibernation or sleep mode either manually or automatically. On Manual, it tries to close down then, just as it is about to switch off, you hear the HDD start up again and you end up back at the desktop or sign in page!! Originally, after installation there were no issues with this mode but I suspect, that a program or driver installed subsequently, has caused the problem.
I have tried the following action without success:
- Reinstalled drivers for sound and vision
- changed advanced power settings
- Switched off hybrid sleep
- Disabled USB selective suspend settings
- Hard Drive switches off 2 mins. before computer enters hibernation
- Flashed BIOS