Catalyst Control Center: Host application has stopped working....Windows is checking for a solution to the problem when logged in to Windows

Original title:(On Windows 7) "Catalyst Control Centre Error" Suddenly having problems..

"Catalyst Control Center: Host application has stopped working....Windows is checking for a solution to the problem".

That comes up twice. Then I get another error message behind that saying,

"Runtime Error! Program: C:\ Program Files (x86)\..." And something to do with my Library.

And I try to log intoWindows Messenger, Skype and a few other games I had installed before this problem and none of these programs let me log in now.

Today is the first time this has happened to me. Earlier I had no problems whatsoever but I did, however.. add on a Texture pack for the game "Minecraft". I had to move a lot of the files around on there to get it to work but i never had any problems after that adding that on. Not sure if that might of caused anything? 

I restored my computer, that didn't help the error..
I also deleted the texture pack and uninstalled several games I had on before. Still, I get this error.

I've gone to the folder "Catalyst Control Center" (CCC) And Clicked on the ATI: "Restart Runtime" and it doesnt do anything but give me the same message, "Host application has stopped working." Iv'e tried the "help" as well but that doesn't help..at all. Never came up.

Im not sure what to do, I have two errors here.. and I don't know if there both related or both different.. But i know they both came up at the same time. Never had them earlier today. 

This is all very confusing to deal with myself, I'm not to sure what's going on.. Could someone please help me with this?  It would be greatly appreciated. Dx!!!

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2019 Views 99,912 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I have resolved the Catalyst issue by deleting the ATI folders w/in Program Data as earlier mentioned.  I was curious as if anyone else noticed it working when logged-in as a standard user versus it not working when logged in as an administrator.  Yes I did find this thread helpful to resolve my issue.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Double Tapproblems,

Could you please provide the complete error message?

Aruntime error is a software or hardware problem that prevents a program from working correctly. Runtime errors might cause you to lose information in the file you're working on, cause errors in the file (corrupt the file) so you can't work with it, or prevent you from using a feature. In your case, the runtime error might have caused the the Catalyst Control Center to stop working correctly.

Based on my research, the error for the Catalyst Control Center is related to the Graphics card installed on your computer, you may check with the manufacturer if there are any updated drivers for the graphics card which needs to be installed to take care of the issue.

Method 1: Update your display/graphics card drivers

Visit the link below to download and install the latest drivers for your display card.

ATI Support link:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Update a driver for the hardware that isn’t working correctly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Method 2: What is a runtime error?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-a-runtime-error

Method 3: Provide Event log information

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.