C++ Runtime Error: R6025 -Pure virtual function call. How do I fix it?

Hello everyone,

Usually I can troubleshoot problems myself, but since I am here this means this problem has me completely stumped.

EVERY SINGLE web browser that I have tried produces the following runtime error:

R6025 -Pure virtual function call

How I reproduced this error:

1. I was going to my favorite internet Trance radio station found here:
http://www.trancearoundtheworld.com/

2. Of course, I clicked the "Play" button, and a separate window pops up with a simple player with a play/pause button.

3. I press the "Pause" symbol button, and the song/stream pauses, and seconds later the runtime error mentioned above appears, with an option of clicking OK:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\[internet browser here]\[browser executable here.exe]

R6025
- pure virtual function call

4. Clicking OK only acknowledges the error and the browser closes.

Again, this happens with EVERY single broswer I know, be it IE8, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera.

I can only assume this is a runtime library problem, so I tried downloading and re-installing the 2008 redistributable pack sp1 x64 edition as well as the x86 edition, restarted the computer, and still the problem persists.

I have tried these same steps with my laptop and it works fine (read: it did NOT have this same problem nor did it crash). It's only my desktop that is having this issue.

Is there a way I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

System information:

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00GHz
4GB RAM
160GB Hard Drive
Answer
Answer
Silly Me, it seems that what creates this error is NOT any Runtime library corruption or anything similar. This error kept occurring because I was currently using Adobe's Flash plugin Beta 10.1. Once I completely removed it and installed the latest stable version, all is well so far.

Please do keep in mind, this is how I solved my problem. If you are getting the same error, there may be more than one way to fix it. Mine was due to a Flash issue. If anyone else has this problem, please report it and mention any steps that you did if you solved the problem.

Thanks!

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2020 Views 36,707 Applies to: