BSOD ntoskrnl.exe +73c40

Hello guys, I've recently been getting the BSOD caused by  ntoskrnl.exe +73c40. I can't seem to reproduce the problem intentionally. I'm and avid gamer and I've only been getting them while i was gaming. As far as I understand it has something to do with memory. As far as I can remember I did not install any new software / hardware before the error occured. My full system specs :

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Bios American Megatrends Inc.

System model H67H2-M3

System Manufacturer ECS

8 GB of ram 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Nvidia Gtx 970

I'm running the latest versions of all the drivers ( checked before posting ), and I've tried all the fixes for including sfc /scannow , checking device manager for any exclamation marks, startup repair, memory diagnostics ( via windows cd ) etc.

Using BlueScreenViewer, I saw that it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe, at address ntoskrnl.exe+73c40. The bug check string is "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE"

and the bug check code is 0x0000004a 

Version 6.1.7601.19045 (win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)

If I missed anything please tell me and I will post it. This is the only minidump file I could find as the previous times they were not created. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
If you have any questions about the procedure please ask
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, thanks for the quick response.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DD692A0869076851!107&authkey=!AOMLTPPggaht2a4&ithint=file%2cdmp

Please tell me if I need to upload anything else (systeminformation.nfo), as i would gladly do so. The .dmp file is uploaded and that is the only one I have in the minidump folder. I have used the settings you've posted and will upload any other .dmp files if/when they are created. 

Thank you

Heiko

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). 

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.  Please run verifier first.  You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!  If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I am currently not overclocking anything, and i ran the driver verifier. After I ran verifier /querysettings, and saw the list of drivers.  I restarted and proceeded to receive a BSOD " IO manager has detected a violation by a driver that is being verified" and that it must be debugged and replaced with a working version. Under technical information It said *** HIDCLASS.SYS - Address FFFFF88004B26710 base at FFFFF88004B24000, Datestamp 51d31a2f1.

It did not create a new minidump file, and the full memory dump (large file, mine is more than 600mb) was created yesterday, not after the BSOD. I am using the settings in sysdm.cpl, and i have tried doing this whole process twice, and still only the one dmp file that i already uploaded.

I am also having problems starting my system again. I will do a system restore now.

Edit : If it helps anything, i uploaded an nbtlog.txt before my last crash ( the IO manager one) 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DD692A0869076851!112&authkey=!ADBZ1wrxU3wL9dY&ithint=folder%2c

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any update?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2019 Views 3,297 Applies to: