Question

Blue Screens!

Cerberus97 asked on
I have frequently been getting Blue Screens, and I am really frustrated about this.

I created a thread on Tomshardware, but haven't been able to resolve this - http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1873773/question.html

Additionally, everytime just before the blue screen, I hear a short beep from my motherboard and then 2 secs later, the Blue Screen.

I used SeaTools to test HDD and did the Fix All Fast, S.M.A.R.T Check and Short Drive Self Test and all passed.

I did a memory test using a bootable USB Stick which passed too - I used MEMTest86+

Please help.... this is very frustrating, as it is a fresh install and I am going to buy a GTX 760 to play games but won't be able to if I keep getting Blue Screens such as these.
1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Excellent, thanks for the model.

I am confused as to why you'd hear a beep though BEFORE a blue screen (implies you're in Windows). Usually you only hear beeps during POST failure. Anyway, one single beep and nothing else implies actually in almost all cases when the BIOS is ready to accept keyboard input and no further action is needed.

The only other 1 type beep according to the manual that you'd hear before it starts going to 2 beeps is a continual beep indicates that auxiliary power might not be connected to an external graphics card (obviously not the case).

With this said, the beep you hear may be the hard disk, actually. Just another sign of it possibly being faulty. If after switching SATA cables with the optical drive you're still having issues, it's the hard disk itself.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress