- Programs you are having problems with
- Error messages
- Recent changes you made to your computer
- What you have already tried to fix the problem
Update: Was able to stop backup. Action Center no longer says backup is running.
1. Clicked start backup.
2. CD/DVD remote drive used in previous backup not found.
3. Connected drive. Recognized.
4. Backup disc not found.
5. Inserted previous backup disc.
6. Backup begins reading files on C:
7. Backup reaches 25% complete.
8. Burn to disc begins, drive light indicates data transfer for @ 1 minute.
9. Drive activity slows to slow flashing light, disc spinning does not stop.
10. Wait for 30 mins...disc still spinning, backup stalled.
11. Click cancel backup. Disc still spinning after additional 10 mins.
12. Open Task Manager.
13. Close backup application & action center. Disc still spinning.
14. Click safe to remove hardware icon for remote drive/ G:
15. Disc ejects, I unplug drive.
16. Action center no longer says backup in progress.
If I start new backup again with new blank disc the process stalls again at 25%. This happens with external and internal drive. Backup folder found on disc is empty. I have wasted 10 blank DVDs.