backup complete but skipped some files related to skydrive and dropbox folders

I use a WD 1TB USB 3.0 connected external HD to backup my laptop running windows 7 pro. I get message that says that backup was successful but some items were skipped. My documents and pictures are saved on skydrive and dropbox folder. Seems error relates to all my skydrive and some of my dropbox folders. 
Here is the message i get. How do I make sure that all my files are backed up. Yes they're backed up in the cloud, but I want them backed up locally too.

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Dropbox\breathtest. Error:(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\SkyDrive\Documents. Error:(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\SkyDrive\Pictures. Error:(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Dropbox\Camera Uploads. Error:(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Dropbox\Camera Uploads from Ro. Error:(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Dropbox\Camera Uploads from Idalia. Error:(The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2019 Views 2,598 Applies to:

Hi,

I woud suggest you to try the steps provided in the following Micriosoft Answers link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/backup-error-system-cannot-find-the-path-specified/a69f7aa8-3700-4d54-983b-59a64e6fd1c5

Let us know the outcome once you have tried the steps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried registry cleaner
I tried deleting all previous backups and running again
I have twice as much space as the total size of my computers HD in the backup destination so that's not the issue

Issue not solved. I wen't to see if the files it's trying to backup exist and that path doesn't.

But I do have skydrive and dropbox files by those names that I want backed up, so wanted to make sure they were backed up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows backup is not  very smart (I am being generous). If you have included virtual or network files in a library (eg. added the dropbox camera uploads folder to the pictures library or dropbox to your documents library) backup will fail noisily (or whatever the opposite of quietly is).

The solution is to remove dropbox, skydrive, network drives, etc. from your libraries. You CAN add them to a new library (eg. "Cloud"), then use the manual backup configuration to omit that library from your backup if you want to.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.