APPCRASH__ shortly after start up.Driver installation mode stop working and was closed.

I,ve read over everyones problem with Vista and I too have experianced this problem. Except when I research the length of time this has gone on extends back into the previous yr.  so I copied and pasted the report of many that the solver never reported. and have pasted it below. Please HELP! none of my updates for the past few days will install.  plus it also told me i had a driver that is stand alone that I need to find its update. a generic shadow driver. if that was the case why isn't it here like the many not reported below?

Problem signature

Files that help describe the problem

Version.txt

AppCompat.txt

memory.hdmp

minidump.mdmp

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DrvInst.exe

Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Application Timestamp: 49e023db

Fault Module Name: USER32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Fault Module Timestamp: 49e0421d

Exception Code: c0000142

Exception Offset: 00000000000b8fb8

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: fa3e

Additional Information 2: ac0507478d1c5bd693cfc4fe3987e900

Additional Information 3: fa3e

Additional Information 4: ac0507478d1c5bd693cfc4fe3987e900

Question Info

Last updated June 21, 2018 Views 919 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Kennp,

·        Do you have any third party backup software installed on your machine?

·        Did you make any software or hardware changes on your machine prior to this issue?

Let’s follow these methods & check if it helps.

Method 1

If you have any third party backup software installed, uninstall it completely from   Program & Features. Thereafter, check if the issue persists.

Method 2

You may also configure the computer into clean boot state and then check if the issue re-appears. It will start Windows7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs and helps to eliminate software conflicts.

The following link has steps showing how to perform clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please ensure that the computer is set to start as usual by following the step 7 from the article: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Hope the information helps. Please post back and let us know.

Regards
Debleena S
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.