Question

After serveral hours of up-time, BSOD and asks to run in safe mode or normal screen

nubbuka asked on

Hello

I have been experiencing this problem for a month now, after 1-10 hours of run time (Happens to me after an hour or even half a day)

my computer just crashes to the Safe mode black screen page, without any errors or anything even when I run it back normally.

Ive been searching around for a while now, trying fixes from various websites and suggestions.

I will type any major changes to the system that I did the last half a year.

Crash can occur while playing a game or even while browsing Firefox. Maybe it occurred even while I was not using the computer, came back and it was restarted. The things I've suspected is either faulty RAM, maybe ill applied Thermal paste on the CPU to Fan cooler? The dual monitors that I've connected? Insufficient power to the new updates that are listen below cause the PSU to stress itself? The tests that I've tried are on stress after an hour of operation times, I can't stress right before the crash cause I don't know when will it happen. Might be a sudden peak in anything regarding hardware.

New Additional Display: A couple of months ago (plus) I've installed a 19 inch Neovo 19" F-419 screen in addition to my SAMSUNG 24" syncMaster B2430L display, my main is the 24" one.

New Additional Sound card: Using an additional sound card that runs OCI 3D Audio Configuration, 3d Audio Engine: Xear3D, Audio CODED: CMI8738, Ver 7.12.8.1740. Seems like a old program, which I tried looking for updates to but wasn't successful. Using this sound card for its 4 3.5mm jacks to use a 5.1 surround headset.

Previous Computer specs (About two years ago, Installed in the shop's laboratory where I purchased it):

PSU: HEC 600W 12CM FAN A.FPC WIN+600

CPU: Phenom II 955 Q.C Am3 AMD

MOBO: GA790XT-usb3 Am3+ AMD GIGABYTE

GPU: ATI Radeon 5770 1G-5 MSI

HD: 500GB Sata2 7200 16mb SEAGATE

MEMORY: VALUE GEIL 2x2G (4GB) DDR3 1333MHZ

DVD: AD7240S SATA SONY OPTIARC DVDX24 DL

Current Computer Specs (I've installed all these additional components myself with a friend, Checked everything twice even recently):

PSU: HEC 600W 12CM FAN A.FPC WIN+600

CPU *NEW: Intel Core i7-3770 3.40Ghz

MOBO *NEW: MSI-7798

GPU *NEW: Nvidia Geforce 660 Ti MSI

HD: 500GB Sata2 7200 16mb SEAGATE

MEMORY: VALUE GEIL 2x2G (4GB) DDR3 1333MHZ

MEMORY *NEW: 2xKingston 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Pc3-10666 Which was added in addition to the previous Ram

DVD: AD7240S SATA SONY OPTIARC DVDX24 DL

Things I've  tried:

Using Verifier to stress my drivers, It did cause a Blue screen and My computer didn't start. I didn't know how to proceed from there though.

Stress testing my CPU, GPU, PSU, temperatures weren't high or unusual.Uploaded my MSinfo32, DXDIAG and my latest crash DUMP into this link, rar file. http://rapidshare.com/share/84E3783BE3B66979375E6D2B2C2E7A56

Ran CCleaner in Safe mode, fixed broken files and etc'.

Ran AVG in Safe Mode, Full scan both Hard drives. Nothing found.

My computer case is half open, helping ventilation and checking for any problems with cables that weren't connected properly.

Uninstalled any unneeded programs.

Posing this thread.

If you need any other information that I have forgot to mention, please tell me I will do my best to post it here.

Thanks in advance for anyone who read this.

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (0xC9) bug check.

This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier I/O Verification violations.

Unable to load image dtsoftbus01.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dtsoftbus01.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dtsoftbus01.sys
Probably caused by : dtsoftbus01.sys ( dtsoftbus01+1360 )

-- FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_23e_dtsoftbus01+1360

Driver Verifier found dtsoftbus01.sys making invalid function calls, causing system corruption. This is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular cause of BSOD's in 7/8 based systems. Please uninstall Daemon Tools. Alternative imaging programs are: MagicISO, Power ISO, etc.

Regards,

patrick

Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress