"Adobe Photoshop cc has stopped working" when I click on an Adjustment Layer

I get this message "Adobe Photoshop CC has stopped working".

I have done all there is on the help site. Still no luck. Here is what happens:

Photoshop opens and i can work with it. It seems that almost all the functions work perfectly, HOWEVER...When i try to access an Adjustment Layer, say Levels, then Photoshop shuts down. Strangely, if i select the Black&White adjustment layer, that WORKS?? The OTHERS don't.

I have also been on the Adobe help forum and cannot seem to help and say it could be a Windows fault

My system:

Windows 7 Service pack 1

Nvida 740 graphics card

Avast Security

These are the ERROR codes I got from Event Viewer 

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.1.1.327, time stamp: 0x5667fb90

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.1.1.327, time stamp: 0x5667fb90

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000613ac34

Faulting process id: 0xa2c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1528f0f0ee895

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: 77c9266d-bebc-11e5-98ce-d43d7ebe3e53

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.1.1.327, time stamp: 0x5667fb90

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.1.1.327, time stamp: 0x5667fb90

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000000000613ac34

Faulting process id: 0xa2c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1528f0f0ee895

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: 7943d034-bebc-11e5-98ce-d43d7ebe3e53

The modules work perfectly in Safe Mode BUT not when i do a Clean Restart.

I have also done the following:

Created a new user

Run FIXIT

SFC /SCANNOW

Uninstalled and re installed Photoshop CC

Uninstalled and re installed Nvida Driver

Rolled back to old Nvida driver

Uninstalled all devices (Wacom Tablet & External HD)

There were also times I couldn't get into Event Viewer (This message appeared "Microsoft Management Console has stopped working")

Let me know if you require any further details.

Cheers, Craig

Answer
Answer

Hi Craig,

Thank you for providing a detailed account on your issue. You efforts are much appreciated!

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

a. Did you make any significant changes to the computer right before the issue occurred?

b. Which fixit did you run, when you say "Run FIXIT"?

As you have tried most part of the linear troubleshooting, it can be concluded that the issue might also arise due to third party software conflicts hindering Adobe Photoshop CC performance. To diagnose the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

It is possible that the application has not been uninstalled properly and is getting hindered after the fresh install. I would suggest you to try running the following fixit and then try installing the Photoshop CC program.

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

The issue might also arise due to a third party software conflict, so, I would also suggest you to clean boot the system once and then try installing the program in a clean boot environment.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If the issue does not occur in clean boot, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Harkanwar

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2023 Views 3,594 Applies to: