Bad Image error - DDACLSys32.dll

I am getting  30+ bad image error codes on start up, for multiple .exe files, and every time I try to open a program - any program.     It relates to the following: C:\Windows\System32\DDACLSys32.dll is either not designated to run on Windows or contains an error etc....    This file apparently installed on 19th Nov 2009, but has not caused problems until 26th January 2010.    On 26th, I downloaded Microsoft updates and used Norton to run a full system security scan.    It identified and deleted  "Downlaoder'  and a thing called "Adware.ZangoSearch" as the only identified risks, but did warn that removing the Adware one may stop some programs working properly.

I have run sfc/scannow;   checkdisk;  I have uninstalled the Windows updates.   Windows defender does not identify any problem software.

When I check the properties of  \DDACLS32.dll it has none of the usual Detail information, such as File name, product name. product version etc.    Can anyone please provide a solution.   

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 865 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Liz51,

Ddaclsys32.dll seems to be Trojan/Backdoor.

I’d suggest you to do an online virus scan and malware scan.

You may run an online virus scan from the below link:

Get a free PC safety scan

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Windows Live OneCare safety scanner is a free service designed to help ensure the health of your PC.

You may refer the thread “How to get rid of malware” by MVP by Vincenzo Di Russo for information to remove malware from your computer:

How to get rid of malware

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistasecurity/thread/ba80504b-61f1-4d71-960f-b561798b7b42

Hope this helps!

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.