Blank Blue Screen - No bios errors reported

Hello, I recently built myself a new computer.

It's components are:

-2 Nvidia GTX470 connected via SLI

-Core i7 930

-3 3GB DDR3 RAM sticks

-ASUS P6X58D-E X58 R Motherboard

-ANTEC|TP-750 750W RT Power Supply

Now, it's been running fine for the past 2 weeks. Perfectly, in fact. However my Dad dragged me away on vacation to the Dominican Republic  so I left the computer with my mom and Grandma since they use it.

Now, last night my mom told me that she got a problem. When she turned it on and tried to access her session she got a blank blue screen. No error messages, nothing. I told her to hard restart it, and when she did it gave her the "Windows Shut down unexpectedly, start in safe mode or boot Windows normally?" message. When she told it to boot up normally, it was fine. I told her to restart it again to see if the BIOS would report any errors like it normally does when there's hardware failure but nothing came up.

The more I think about it though, the less likely it seems like it'd be a Hardware issue though, since this problem would've arisen MUCH sooner since before I left I was playing alot of games, wouldn't it?

This morning when my Grandmother turned on the computer again she got the same problem. I told her to hard reset it again, and once more it booted up normally after that. I had her run R-kill (which reported no malicious processes) and run Malware bytes and Microsoft Security Essentials. After that I'm going to have her insert the Windows 7 disc to run a repair... 

What exactly is the problem though? Is there anything else that I should be doing?

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 1,029 Applies to:
Answer
No way to know since we yet do not know if an Update caused it and if so which type of update
was it. You should set the Updates to Download but let you install them so you can control their
installation for a while.

Rob Brown - MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT 2010 - current
Windows Insider MVP 2016 - current

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.