Win 7 RTM - Keyboard Dead during Sleep Mode

To date I've been impressed with Windows 7.
I now have an issue that will have me moving to Unix or back to Windows XP if I cannot find a resolution quickly.

I noticed recently when the PC was asleep that I couldn't wake it using [USB] KBD or [PS/2] mouse.

Pressing Caps Lock on keyboard gives no result as if power to the kbd has been removed.

The only way I am able to get out of sleep mode is to press the front-panel reset button. I'm loathe to do that too often.

I'm not aware of any changes made to the computer that coincided with this problem starting.

Any ideas what could be going on here?  Where do you start troubleshooting if the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 1,449 Applies to:
Answer
Logitech Wave Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse. (changed from a Microsoft keyboard, which exhibited the same symptoms)

Yes Drivers installed.

Haven't tried a clean boot yet.

The freezing got worse to the point that it froze while not asleep. No relevant error messages in the system logs.

I changed the BIOS sleep state to S1  instead of it's default S3 and "so far" I haven't had a freeze. I'm not sure why the sleep state in the BIOS would make a difference but it did in my case.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.