High phys memory usage with SMB sharing

I have a number os shared folder on my computer, shared in the old way through advanced sharing.

The usual ram load is 1.49GB as evidenced by task manager showing 4094MB total, 2387MB cached, 2562MB available 215MB free.

This morning i realized that my memory usage was 3.9GB and the numbers didn't add, firing up resource monitor didn't add up suage either it was all "in use" with less than 300MB of cached and 0MB free, it was showing the usual same processes....

the thing i discovered with computer manager was that my brother had an 2.9GB .ISO file mounted in daemon tools in his computer(shared from mine), ONLY mounted it wasn't using it at all and that struck me as odd. The moment i told him to unmount the ISO(and the moment it dissapeared from the open files list) memory usage plummeted to normal.

During the period of high memory usage, the computer was VERY sluggish paging left and right whenever i tried to open windows, open tabs in firefox, switch tabs, etc.

I want to know how to fix this horribly wrong behaviour as my machine has a ton of files shared and under no circumstance i'll tolerate that eating all my ram(what if i want to start a game when the usage is through the roof?, what if all the other users on the network mount the same file?), on XP i had no such issue and memoery usage didn't even flinch on sharing.

I have offline files turned off and the service as well.

PC specs: Win7 x64 pro, 4GB RAM

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2018 Views 1,666 Applies to:
Answer

Ok, I thought you open mount the ISO on Windows 7.

So it's an Windows 7 issue. I think, in this case  you should contact the MS support. I don't know how I we can solve it.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.