Question

Q: I have just installed Windows 7 home premium upgrade fromm Widdows Vista Home Premium. Now when my monitor goes to sleep, it will not come back on when the computer restarts. Why?__

My monitor will not come back on when I restart the computer after entering sleep mode.

Answer

A:

Hi Jorge0273,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers!!! 

The first thing I would suggest is to update the video drivers and the BIOS to the latest form the manufacturer’s website.

If that does not help then try the work arounds and see if it works as expected.

Workaround 1:

Go to Power Settings, then click on Change Plan Settings, then click on Change Advanced Power Settings, Scroll down to Processor Power Management, and set Minimum Processor State to 100 percent for both plugged in and battery. You won't freeze again when you go to the screen-saver, or at some point overnight when a virus scan/spyware scan makes the CPU try to work hard.

Workaround 2 :

Skip screensaver entirely, and rely on "turn off monitor" power setting INSTEAD of screen saver, which basically accomplishes the same thing as a screen-saver. The freeze/wake up problem is actually related to the screen saver running along with a high-intensity task, while the CPU has gone into low power mode.

Regards
Varun J: MICROSOFT SUPPORT
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads/ and let us know what you think

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,478 Last updated: March 24, 2018 Applies to: