Create another Program Files, Program Files x86 folder on different partition - Solid State Drive

Can I create another set of Program File folders on another drive in order to save space on my C:\ drive? Details below:

I am a new user to Windows 7 64 bit. I setup my computer to Run Windows7 on an Intel X25m SSD and created a mirrored RAID using two other hard drives. The SSD runs my C:\ drive and my RAID has my E:\ drive. I am limited to 80GB on me C:\ drive. I would like to install large applications that I use infrequently on my E:\ drive using new Program Files and Program Files x86 folders. My goal is to save space on my C:\ drive for important apps like web browsers and media players. Would I mess anything up if I have 2 versions of the program files folders? Would windows realize that the Program Files x86 folder on my E:\ drive is for 32-bit applications?

Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2018 Views 3,419 Applies to:
Answer
You simply custom install the program and select a destination of your choice, there is no need to recreate the folder name (x86) , however any installation to another drive will still result in many files being written to the win drive, and its registry, so at the end of the day you mighten gain much

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.