Random BSOD after upgrading to Windows 7

I recently upgraded from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro and have had some problems with random BSOD's.  I originally installed Windows 7 over Windows Vista and after about 48 hours I would have a BSOD with them happening at random time after that point.  I thought that it have have been something left behind by the Vista install causing the problem, so I re-installed choosing to format the hard drive so that I would have a "clean" install.  48 hours later, BSOD with a second one happening less than two hours later.  The problem has not happened while I have been using the computer, just when the computer is unused and in power saver mode (I use the high proformance setting offered in Windows 7 only I do not power down that hard drives, just the monitor).  I thoug the problem may have been caused by the motherboard(I am still not sure on this score but...) so I went to the manufactures website, downloaded and installed the latest BIOS that was suppose to included Windows 7. that was between the original 48 hour BSOD and the second today.  I am running and ASUS M4A78 Plus motherboard with an AMD Phenom 9500 processor and 4 Gb RAM.  The only drivers that I have installed, other than the drivers supplied by the OS for devices are for my video card (ATI Radeon 5750) and printer (HP Deskjet D1660)  both of which came from the manufactures websites stating that they where for Windows 7(I know, can't always trust them).  As i have stated, the system has not BSODed on me during use, just when the sytem is unused so it has not been a major issue to this point, but I would like to try to correct the issue before it becomes a major issue.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 571 Applies to:
Answer

You've got several older drivers - asio.sys is from Dec. 2007, asacpi.sys is from May 2009 - both Asus software, and Pre-Win7 RTM.  Try upgrading / uninstalling.  Also, NcRemotePci.sys is from Sept. 2006, and some Sonic-related software (pxhelp20.sys) is from June 2007. wdcsam.sys (Western Digital?) is from April 2008, and atinavrr.sys (ATI software) is from May 2008. MCDBUS.SYS (MagicISO) is from Feb. 2009. 

Consider updating or removing the software associated with the referenced drivers, and see if that affects things.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.