"Windows Media Player has an error and can't open that file"-this happens even when opening an unreleted fle or program.
When trying to run simple programs or open a random file, wmp will open and pop up the error that it has an error and can't open the file. Troubleshooter says no fix, and there is no error #. It blocks me from opening things.I have windows 7 home premium
andd using the appropriate WMP. How do I get it to stop without havinging to uninstall it?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
It might be that the Windows media player library is corrupted. I would suggest you to rebuild Windows media player library.
If you want to rebuild you library, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Shutdown windows media player.
2. Stop the media sharing service. Go to Start->Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Administrative Tools->Services. Right-click on the “Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service” and select Stop.
3. Navigate to “c:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player. Now delete the files named CurrentDatabase_***.wmdb and LocalMLS_*.wmdb.
4. Start the media sharing service.
5. Now restart Windows Media Player.
Windows Media Player library: frequently asked questions