DVD drive vanishing

Okay, So i have windows 7 installed, and every once in a while on battery power, My dvd drive vanishes, and even when i plug it back in, the DVD won't reappear. I have to reboot it to make it reappear. Why is it doing this and can i do anything to stop this from happening? For reference my computer is an acer aspire 4810tz-4696, and I have windows home premium installed.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 1,173 Applies to:
Answer
Hello again. I'm going to address a few things that you said, but this again remains unsolved.

Method 1:

I would recommend you. Update the driver.

--Ouch. Real bad grammar there. Are you sure you graduated highschool? I mean you're talking in broken sentences. I have the most up to date driver installed.

If this fails then try to reinstall the CD/DVD driver

i.        Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

ii.      Expand CD/DVD driver and right click on the sub item and click uninstall.

iii.    Restart the computer.

iv.    Visit the manufacturer website to download the latest driver.

v.      Install the driver and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

-- Okay, I'm going to ignore those last two lines b/c you're repeating yourself. Let's start at the top though. My DVD drive has vanished, that includes from the device manager. Don't you think if I'm posting here, it's because I've tried everything I know?

Method 2:

Try deleting the Upper filter and lower filter, follow the steps listed below in the article:

The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista:

--Okay let's try this one...Um.. this is a solution for VISTA, Not windows 7. I'm sorry Samhrutha G S, but you have epically failed. I suggest you quit your job, or better yet have your boss fire you. You should have analyzed everything I typed for information on my problem and Operating system, then asked additional questions to find out how the CD/DVD-Rom was behaving.

Now let me give some additional information that I've noticed recently, and I'm starting to think i've figured this thing out on my own.

First off, I think it's a driver conflict. My DVD drive needed an additional PROGRAM, since it's an acer. YES! That stupid little program is important and can be installed from acer's website. Next it the roxio "Sonic Solutions" driver conflict that i'm having may be causing it. So after i solve that, I'll post back. But you should still be fired.

So, I've removed Roxio as i said I would, and guess what...  Fixed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.