Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

You might not have permission (Domain and Windows 7 problem)

I have a Windows Server Essential 2012 domain with 5 client computers, all Windows 7 Pro.

One of the users took his computer (laptop) off site this weekend and connected at a starbucks.  When returning, he can no longer connect and is prompted with the following error: \\fileserver\Folder Redirection\username\Desktop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource."

So, here is the problem.  I can log into other user accounts on his laptop without a hitch.  His username can be used to log in to other computers, though logging in to one computer produced a logon server not available error.

I have tried flushing dns, removing the laptop from the network and reconnecting... but I am at a loss.

Any suggestions?

Answer
Answer
Hello JayGab,

Microsoft Communities is for consumer issues on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. Since your issues involves domain authentication, it would be best to post in TechNet for ITPros.
Click the link here to repost your question in the Windows 7 ITPro category on TechNet.

They will be able to best help with your issue.

Sincerely,

Marilyn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 168 Applies to: