You can join a homegroup in any edition of Windows 7, but you can only create one in Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise editions.

So only ONE homegroup, correction Homegroup? Can be created? Why would we need two homegroups? Surely, the text should read "but you can only create a homegroup in Windows 7 (all versions). I found the actual statement confusing becuse of the use of "one". Is it an error or not? Unfortunately, if a problem arises with this type of network, and it will in my experience, the user thinks, am I in the homegroup or some other homegroup.  Let's finalise this issue. There can only be ONE homegroup (or not) and you need your computers to be running ANY version of Windows 7 to create and join one.
|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Computers must be running Windows 7 to participate in a homegroup. HomeGroup is available in all editions of Windows 7. In Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic, you can join a homegroup, but you can’t create one. HomeGroup only works on networks with the Home network location.

For more information, refer to the links.

HomeGroup from start to finish

HomeGroup: frequently asked questions

Hope it helps.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 155 Applies to: