Windows 7 not auto connecting to lan upon startup.
Hi, I recently reformatted my drive and installed windows 7 on it and I have
a problem with the internet. I'm using time warner cable if it makes any
difference. The thing is that after login, windows 7 pops up, but it will not
auto-connect to the internet.
I keep having to start my day by going to the Control Panel\Network and
Internet\Network Connections and disable my LAN then enable it. After I do
that, it will connect immediately to the net. Whats the fix for this, so it
will connect automatically on startup
windows upgrade advisor states no problem with the card.
Thank you for writing to Microsoft Forums.
(A). Please create a system restore point:
Here are the steps
1. Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
2. In the left pane, click System protection. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.
4. In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.
Check this link for more information
“To create a restore point”: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-restore-point
(B). I would recommend you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the network drivers.
Steps to Uninstall and reinstall the network drivers:
1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to uninstall.
3. Right click on the device and select uninstall.
4. Right click and select scan for hardware changes.
5. Now select the network adapters and click on install.
(C).I would also suggest you to Reset TCP/IP:
To reset the TCP/IP stack go to this article and either click on "Fix it for me" or follow the instructions to fix it yourself: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357