Why can't I start Remote Access Connection Manager

I am not able to connect to internet using my 3G broadband. I try to set the status of Remote Access Connection Manager to "started", but error message prompt up stated "Windows could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start." I have find out the dependencies are Remote Access Auto Connection Manager, Routing and Remote Access, Internet COnnection Sharing(ICS). I tried to set those 3 to "started", but failed to start also.

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2018 Views 20,749 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

You have to Make sure that the below services are started and restart your computer and check if the issue gets fixed.

To start the services.

1. Click on Start.
2. Type Services.msc in the search field and hit enter.

Note: The common dependency service for "Remote Access Connection Manager" and "Remote Access Auto Connection Manager" is "Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service".

Make sure that you check the properties which ever service you are trying to start, and then go to the dependency tab and make sure that you select the dependency services listed under this service.

The following are the dependency services of "Remote Access Connection Manager":

a. Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service
b. Telephony
c. Plug and Play
d. Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
e. DCOM Server Process Launcher
f. RPC Endpoint Mapper

Make sure you try to start the dependency services of Remote Access Auto Connection Manager Service as well.

Method 2:

I recommend you to update the drivers and see if it makes any difference. You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance,and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the assword or provide confirmation.
2. In Device Manager, locate the Device, and then double-click the device name.
3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.

Try to follow the below provided link to Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly and check for the issue.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.