What is this Windows Security and what is my user name and password?

original title: start-control panel-network and internet-view network computers and devices-computer-what is this next thing? -Windows Security-what is this? Enter network Password

start-control panel-network and internet-view network computers and devices-computer-what is this next thing? -Windows Security-what is this? Enter network Password

What is this Windows Security and what is my user name and password?

I previously was able to completely access all of my computers wirelessly, but now this windows security thing is a roadblock I am unable to overcome.

Answer
Answer
Hi,

1. Did you set up any network password earlier? 
2. Have you made any software or hardware changes to your computer prior to this issue?

To work with the issue, refer these methods.

Method 1:

Run the troubleshooter from the following link.

Method 2:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Firewall-frequently-asked-questions

Note: Make sure you enable the antivirus software, other security programs and firewall after the test.

Warning:
Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 3:

Check if the issue persists in safe mode with Networking.

Start your computer in safe mode with Networking.

NOTE: refer 3 from the above link, Advanced startup options (including safe mode).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

Select Safe Mode With Networking.

Check if it helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 2,049 Applies to: