I'm currently getting 200 mbps down and 0.3 mbps up on my desktop, wired Ethernet connection. I should be getting 200 down and 20 up.
- On my wireless adapter on the same router, I'm getting ~18 mbps up and ~15 mbps down, which seems the wireless adapter is working fine.
- I've plugged in another computer with the same cable to the same router port, and got full speed (200/20), so the issue lies within my computer.
- I did a transfer of files to and from my computer to another computer connected to the same router and I got the full Gigabit speed both going and coming.
I've searched high and wide over the internet and forums and though many people have had the same issue I have, none of the myriad of solutions proposed has worked for me.
This is what I've tried to no avail:
- Uninstalled the Ethernet adapter, deleted the drivers, forcing new drivers to be installed again. No change in speed.
- Thoroughly checked for Virus and malware programs (went through the Registry as well) but didn't find anything, and nothing was installed recently other than windows updates.
- The only antivirus I have is Windows Defender. I turned it off, and turned off Windows Firewall, but the speeds did not improve.
- I've tried speed tests with IE, Chrome and Firefox, with different services, and all show similar speeds. I also used FTP to a server I have, and the speeds were the same.
- There is no other traffic eating up the bandwidth.
So what I've gathered so far is that my Ethernet adapter is working very slow only when uploading to the internet. Within my network it works fine.
Could it be a service that is not working well? If so which one? I'm not knowledgeable about the use of all the services. I did check IPv4 and IPv6 and they both seem configured correctly, but I can't say that I'm certain about what "configured correctly" is.
These are my Specs:
Desktop HP H9-1215t
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Chip Intel i7-3770
Atheros AR8161/8165 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
I would really appreciate some help here since this issue is crippling me.
Thank you for your time,