TCP IPv4 DNS server address keeps changing to a specific IP address (preventing internet access)

TCP IPv4 DNS server address keeps changing to a specific IP address (preventing internet access) when I need it to stay obtain address automatically

Control panel
Network and internet
Network connections
Wireless network connection
Wireless network connection properties
Internet protocol v 4 TCP/IPv4 properties

Sony laptop nearly new, windows 7, didnt have any problem until last week, have not changed any settings that i am aware of. One day I just could not get on the net.  Good signal to wireless router  but no internet access.  Eventually tracked prob down to above, each time i switch on i have to go back in to Internet protocol V 4 properties and select obtain DNS server address automatically

If I am on line for a reasonable length of time i have also noticed (once) it changed during a session

How can i get it to stay on obtain DNS server address automatically

Question Info

Last updated March 22, 2019 Views 118,085 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

How long have you been facing this issue?

I would suggest you to scan your computer for virus and check if it helps, it might be a virus issue.

You can also try performing online complete PC virus scan on your computer and check if it helps, here is the link:

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Please respond back with the status of the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Azam – Microsoft Support.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.