Standard account users cannot access internet on Windows7

I have recently upgraded my son's computer from Vista to Windows 7 (Home Premium upgrade).
I have set two accounts: one for me as an administrator and one for my son as a standard user, on which I wanted to set parental control.

I have a perfect internet connection (through ethernet) on my administrator account, however I don't have internet connection on any other standard account.
It still sees the network from these accounts: I can print on the workgroup printer, execute ping, nslookup, traceroute which show no connectivity issue - it looks more like an issue with an internet protocol, although I am not an expert.

If I change my son account to be an administrator, I will have access to internet, although I am asked for each webpage to enter an authorization. As soon as I turn it back to a standard account, I'll loose internet. Disabling parental control does not solve this either.

What can it be related to? Firewall? I have tried several explorer (IE, Chrome) with the same result.
Should I format my computer before installing Windows 7 again?

Any help will be strongly appreciated.

Regards
Jean

Question Info

Last updated June 5, 2018 Views 863 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

1.     What is the exact error message you get when you try to access Internet from your son’s user account?
2.    Were you ever able to connect to Internet from the other user account?
3      What antivirus program is installed on your computer?

Method 1:
I suggest that you check if there are parental controls set to restrict the user from accessing Internet. You can refer the below mentioned article for more information on this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-can-I-control-with-Parental-Controls

Method 2:
Temporarily disable security software and then try to access internet, follow the steps given in the following link:

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Also refer to the following link:

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.