Sharing options for different network profiles not working.

K, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, for some unknown reason when I go into my sharing options (Network Sharing Center - then Advanced Sharing Settings) and turn all the sharing options to on then save, then do not save! 

I reset them leave the site and when I go back to it the have reset themselves to off.

My Media streaming is all set to allow and all network computers are showing, all the settings on the other computers are working.

The only one I dont have turned on is the "Public Folder Sharing" however when I started to have this problem, I tried turning this on as well, ut it reset itdelf as well.

How do I fix this?

Question Info

Last updated June 20, 2018 Views 2,439 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Since when are you facing this issue?
Did you make any changes?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker and see if it helps, here are the steps:

1.     Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
2.     Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.
3.     In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:
sfc /scannow

Here is an article that will give you information on SFC Scan:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212

You can also create a new user account and check if it works fine there, here are the steps:

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.
2. Click Manage another account.   If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click Create a new account.
4. Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type,(Administrator) and then click Create Account.

Here is a link that will give you information on how to create a new user account.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Please respond back with the status of the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.