Shared folder, Windows 7 does not auto refresh the files as they are deleted or changed.

original title: Windows 7 network data Problem

My problem is with all ways changing data on my network with windows 7.

The problem is as follows:

* 4 xp pc's

* 2 win7( 1 pro x32 & 1 pro x64 )

* 1 xp pc with my files in a shared folder.

all on the same network.

all pc's can access the shard folder. I have mapped the folder on 4 xp pc's and 2 win7 pro pc's with no problem.

Now if I delete one of the files on the xp pc or with one of the other networked  xp pc's, I can see the file is gone on all xp pc's and or if I make changes on my files like a excel file i can see the changes on all xp pc's.

Now if i delete or make changes on my files with my xp pc's, my win 7 pc's does not show that I deleted files or changed anything,

it still shows the deleted files and can even open them with all the deleted data still intact.

I have unmapped the drive on the win 7 pc's and accessed the data by browsing the location on the network and still have the same problem.

It's like win 7 buffers the files or something.

Offline Files is Not enabled or synced.

I hope somebody can help me.

|
Answer
Answer
this problem ocurred to some of my pcs too, after trying all the non-useful solutions by so called, ms profesionals here is how i solved it, click sar menu, right click Documents, remove all the library locations, tried and it still didnt work, restored DEFAULT locations, it still didnt work, ADDED ONE MORE LOCATION, now everything worked fine, after this step i just removed the location i had added (non default) and it still is working fine.

this error has nothing to do with third party software, but it has everything to do with the "libraries" functionality", the reason for that statement is because if i go to computer\c\users\myuser\my documents\
everything works fine, but if i go to start menu->documents (that uses the library functionality) then it didnt work.
so just removing and adding some ocntent from library solved the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 2, 2021 Views 4,285 Applies to: