Share media from my Media Player 12 using Windows 7 with my PS3 wirelessly

Hi - A friend told me about sharing stuff in Media Player on his computer with his PS3 wirelessly.  I am running Windows 7 and I believe I have Media Player 12.  I am using a wireless router.  On my other computer using XP and Media Player 11, I can see "Media Sharing" under the Library tab but I can't figure out how to sharer with MP12.  I'm a beginner so please make any answers simple t underatnd!
Answer
Answer

Hi,

In order to connect Play Station 3 (PS3), you should know your computer MAC (Media Access Control) Address.

Step 1: To obtain the MAC address in Windows 7

a.       Click on Start; in the start search type “cmd” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b.      Type the following command and press Enter to get the MAC address

getmac

Step 2: Connect PS3 to Windows 7

a.       Open up the Network Sharing Center (enter Network Sharing Center into the search field on your Start Menu)

b.      In the sidebar click on the hyperlink “Change advanced sharing settings”:

c.       Turn on Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing

d.      Then, click on “Choose Media Streaming Options”

e.      In the next page, you’ll find all unknown devices. Your PS3 will be listed as unknown device as well.

f.        Click on all “unknown devices” and look for the MAC address that we found in step (1).

g.       If you find the MAC address of the PS3, select “Allowed” from the dropdown field for that unknown device.

h.      Make sure that Windows 7 firewall is not blocking access to the PS3 device. Sometimes, you also have to forward ports to share files between Windows 7 and your PS3 or if you want to do more than just sharing files.

Note: If you’re using any third party firewall that comes with your anti-virus software, you need to change the port settings so that the firewall is not blocking access to the PS3 device. If you do not know how to change the settings, you can disable your security software. Once the connection is established and you’re able to stream movies, you need to re-enable your security software.

I would also suggest you to visit the link below for further help.

PlayStation forums

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/How-to-connect-ps3-to-windows-media-center/m-p/38640141

Thank you and Regards.           

Thahaseena M
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 27, 2019 Views 20,554 Applies to: