Share an Internet Connection in Windows 7 over PPPoE

How to share an Internet connection in Windows 7 over PPPoE with no router and with an Ethernet cable going straight into the respective PC and   when the PPPoE dial is done by the Ethernet cable connected PC ?

I have managed to make  a connection successfully when the PPPoE is accomplished by the router but that is not the question here since this situation is easy to be done with no problem and since the beauty of sharing an Internet connection over PPPoE in Windows 7 is done with no router help.

I have to mention that Connectify application doesn't have implemented yet this feature of sharing an PPPoE connection.

Awaiting for a soon reply, please.

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2018 Views 8,546 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
If you don�??t have a router, how do you plan to hook two computers to one ethernet jack on the modem? Note that some DSL modems have the ability to do the PPPoE login, but I don�??t see how that will help if the modem has only one ethernet jack.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Xantes" wrote in message news:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

How to share an Internet connection in Windows 7 over PPPoE with no router and with an Ethernet cable going straight into the respective PC and   when the PPPoE dial is done by the Ethernet cable connected PC ?

I have managed to make  a connection successfully when the PPPoE is accomplished by the router but that is not the question here since this situation is easy to be done with no problem and since the beauty of sharing an Internet connection over PPPoE in Windows 7 is done with no router help.

I have to mention that Connectify application doesn't have implemented yet this feature of sharing an PPPoE connection.

Awaiting for a soon reply, please.

Gary VanderMolen, MVP (Mail)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.