Recently getting 800ccc0f with Windows Live Mail IMAP protocol when just reading the AOL emails So I am not inactive but the server disconnected the connection!

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit on a HP G72 laptop. About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I have been getting the error code 800ccc0f when looking at my AOL emails on the downloaded Windows Live Mail program.  I am not inactive as I am reading my inbox emails but it says the server has unexpectedly disconnected the connection. So I close the program and restart WLM but the problem happens again within say 15 mins, sometimes sooner.

It is IMAP protocol, with port 143 and secure SSL is 0.

1) What is causing this to happen? 

2) I have no viruses etc detected via Windows Security Essentials.  So could it be a recent Windows Update is causing the problem, as kb2454826 did affect WLM from January 2011? (I did uninstall that kb2454826 update).

I also notice the problem, with the same error code, happens when I delete a few emails from my inbox.

So it is all inconvenient and Windows Mail on my last Vista laptop was better in display, functionality and reliability and Outlook 2002 on my XP Pro laptop worked and looked better too. I am using WLM version 11, I think.

3) Can Microsoft make Windows Mail work on Windows 7 or at least improve WLM to look and function like Windows Mail with better reliability too?

Thanks in advance.

SofiaS

Answer
Answer

Sofias,

It's ok to have server timeouts set to 5 minutes.

This is a jpeg image that should open in windows explorer, these are the settings I use.
http://ukqkjw.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1p7Hvng98AIczz0cVUZmbKrmbm6r35AOkWz6KleA8L-OZts5lJXjHW90pMd-RfR7O13raEHTJYZpSVtPi-A-RxRrP8AWyEbbyg/aol%20imap%20setting.jpg?psid=1

As for the error code you are recieving, from what I gathered from searching the internet is that this is an aol problem, have you tried writing a normal email, just a few words and sending it to yourself.

If you still recieve the error code I would wait a day to see if it clears.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Sofia S

I use windows live mail vesion 11 and have an aol imap account these are the settings I use,

Right click on your aol account and click on properties,
Under the servers tab make sure My server requires authentication is checked.

Under the advanced tab,
Outgoing mail SMTP Port # is 587
check this server requires a secure connection (SSL)

Incoming Mail IMAP
check this server requires a secure connection (SSL)

change the server timeouts to 2 or 3 minutes I use 2 and that is working for me.

After you click apply and close window re-open prorperties and double check that outgoing mail port  # 587 stuck sometimes it reverts back to default settings.

Hope this helps

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 6, 2022 Views 54,933 Applies to: