Question

Q: RAS 691 - QA913 | Verizon Wirless Data Card Authentication Error

I spent 5 hours over the past 2 weeks with Verizon Wirless to find out why my datacard just stopped enabling me to connect to the internet. Geting an "691 error - connection with reote server was denied"

Tier 2 tech support has given up. THey have now pointed me to support.microsoft.com - saying that somehow it's a "RAS691" error and Microsoft has to support to fix.

Can anyone help?

G

Answer

A:

Hi GR,

1. Are you usder any active domain?

Cause:

This behavior may occur because the Routing and Remote Access Service is unable to start if the Remote Access Connection Manager service, Remote Access Auto Connection Manager, and the Telephony service are disabled.

Precautions:

a. Ensure that you have entered the right username and password.
b. Make sure that your account is active and turned on.
c. You might also try to enter another Access Number.

RESOLUTION:

To resolve this behavior, you must use the Services Administrative tool to set the Startup Type of all the Remote Access Connection Manager service, Remote Access Auto Connection Manager, and the Telephony service to Manual..

After you have made these settings, you can restart the Routing and Remote Access Service.

To do that:

a. Click on start button.
b. Type services.msc in the search field and hit enter.
c. In the services window you need to check for these below services and make the startup type as manual by performing a righ click on these services and selecting manual and check if that resolves the issue.
 a.1 Remote Access Connection Manager service.
 b.2 Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
 c.3 Telephony service.

If the problem persists, you might need to contact your Inetenet service provider.

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,848 Last updated: March 13, 2018 Applies to: