Orbit Downloader program fails to work with the error “Socket Error 10061”.

Original Title: socket error 10061 Orbit Downloader

I am using Orbit Downloader 4.1.1.2 to download files. It was working fine on my system. I did install/uninstall some software (like registry commander and some system tweak software). But now Orbit Downloader is not working. Here below are the logs when it try to download www.google.co.in homepage.

Connection failed! Socket Error=10061
Connecting www.google.co.in:80
Wait of retry (5S)

I try to run orbit after disabling firewall and antivirus also But it does not work. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. Please guide me to debug this issue.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 1,054 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

1. Are you facing the issue only downloading this program or with other programs?
2. Are you facing the issue in different browser? For Example: Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.
3. Did you check with program manufacturer?

Try the methods and check after each method.
Note: The information provided in the article above is equally applicable to Internet Explorer9.

Method 2: Try the methods provided in the article below and check after each method:
How to optimize Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/no
Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: If you are using Internet Explorer browser, uninstall and reinstall Orbit Downloader 4.1.1.2 , if it is a program.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the program manufacturer for further support.

Hope it helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.