No other Homegroup computers are available after Windows Security Updates are installed,last reply not helpful

Duplicate Post-

Home Group Issue: No other Homegroup computers are available after Windows Security Updates are installed More Info -posted yesterday-but not shown???

Posted this again. Have two desktops  both running Windows 7 Ultimate, one 32 bit  and other 64bit. Up to middle  of January Home groups were working fine. (Also have a laptop thaT WAS JOINED OK..) Towards the end of January a bunch of Microsoft Security updates were ryun and homegroups no longer functioned even though all computers belonged to same home group and were joined! I  have done the following:

1) Anti Virus and Firewall have been disabled.

2) Peer networking group and home group services BOTH are running

3) All computers joined ok.

4)IPV6 is enabled

5) Network discovery is ON

6)Home Group trouble shooter indicates it MAY be a netwiork issue. Check Router, no home group settings found. Tried different router, same issue.

7) Shared folders and Librarieas set up

8) NetBious over TCPIP enabled

9) All libraries have "Share with HomeGroup (Read/Write)

10) Microsoft Security esentials does not appear to be on either PC or laptop.

No matter what PC/Laptop I create a Home group SAME error " No other Homegroup computers are available ". (Laptop running Win 7 Home Preminum.)  I have done everything except restore PC's to day one. (Not about to do this, I'll live with issue first, USB Memory sticks will do to share files if need be.)

One thought Home Group services is running, BUT HOME GROUP LISTENER IS NOT! I try starting it and it won't start, get error window! (Admin priviledges) Could this be a possibility???

Any thoughts, as I said this all started after a bunch of Microsoft updates ran towards the end of January.

Thanks.

Bill

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2018 Views 1,049 Applies to:

Hi Bill,

Thank you for choosing Windows and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

As per the description, you have issues creating a Homegroup.

Are all the  clocks on all the computers synchronised to the same server?

If no then please choose the same clock server on all computers and try.

This issue may happen if the Internet Server name is different in the computers.

a: Right click on the Date/time present at the Bottom right side.

b: Then click Adjust Date/time.

c: Then click the Internet Time tab.

d: Now click Change settings.

e: Select a server name and click ok.

Reply to us if you face any issues with Homegroup or any other Windows Issue, and we would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Hope this information helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jessen, Thanks for reply. Yes time and date are the same and sync'd to same server, Internet time. By the way I did not see my last  post posted and I just posted AGAIN with some additional info. Looks like it might be a adminstation priviledge problem??  I do have adminstrator rights on all PC's and laptop. (Just found by previous post.)

Thanks agin. Bill

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi William,

Thank you for joining us again.

I would suggest you to perform system restore to the date where the updates was installed.

System Restore
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.