Networked printer asking username and password to re-install driver

Hello,

I am currently having problems with one computer on the network connecting and printing to a networked printer.

The printer is a Xerox 545 multifunction printer and is installed on Windows Server 2003.  We have a variety of XP Pro and Win7 Pro computers that connect to this printer with no issue.

However there is one new Windows 7 machine that has had issues since it was deployed.  When adding the printer it asks to download the driver for the printer and subsequently asks for the administrator username and password.  I have entered the username/password and the printer downloads the driver and connects no problem, however it seams every time the user restarts the computer and tries to print from that printer it asks to install drivers and admin password again.

This is so far the only computer that is doing this including other Win 7 Pro machines.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jonathan

Answer
Answer

UPDATE:

Issue Resolved:

This isn't so much a fix, but more of a work around.

I have added the user to the Power Users group on the local machine and this has stoped the message popping up.  Not an ideal solution, but the best work around I could come to.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2024 Views 6,752 Applies to: