Network Drives won't reconnect after going to sleep.

I been having troubles with reconnecting my network drives after I put my computer to sleep and/or hibernate. I have server computers connecting to my Ubuntu Server with Samba. When I wake my computer from sleep mode I login and all of my network drives are disconnected. I wait until my wireless connection comes up and try to access my network drives but I get "The specified server can't perform the request". I have tried to change wireless network from "N" to "G" but that doesn't work. Tried renewing my IP but that doesn't work. They only way to fix is to log off and then back on.

Information:
  1. Client Operating System: Windows 7 Professional
  2. Server Operating System: Ubuntu 10.10 with Samba
Also, I have a few XP computers that connect to it fine and when they sleep and come back up it connects to my server fine. It's only Windows 7. Sadly I only have one Windows 7 computer so I can't check to see if it's Windows 7 or Samba.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated November 7, 2018 Views 12,308 Applies to:
Answer
How to fix the problem of “Could not reconnect all network drives” on Windows 7

1.       Click Start, then in the “Search programs or files” box type “Credential Manager” and click it.

2.       Click “Add a Windows credential”

3.       Type in the Internet or Network address (Enter the server name only), the User name, and the Password.  Click OK, then click "X" to close the window

4.       Click Start, then click Computer.

5.       Click Map network drive

6.       Select the Drive from the pull down list, and type in the path to the Folder you want to map.  Make sure the Reconnect at Login box is checked, and click "Finish".

The folder will open, and you are done.  The next time to Login or Reboot computer the drive will be mounted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.