NAS PROBLEM W7

Hi there!

It seems like many people have problem getting their NAS-drive to work in windows 7? For example, when I try to access my nas it tru the network menu, it only says "... not accessible|network error 1208", but trough explorer i can access it if i type the destination catalog, for ex \\nas500gb\public...

Someone who knows a solution to this problem?

Cherrs

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2018 Views 7,243 Applies to:
Answer

Hi All,

Your issues could be due to a security setting.  On the Vista machine Click on start and in the search box type cmd.  Right Click on cmd and select Run as Administrator.  Type  "secpol.msc".  Click on "Local Policies"  > "Security Options".  Scroll down to  "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level" and open it.    By default Windows Vista sets the policy to "NTVLM2 responses only". Change this to "LM and NTLM – use NTLMV2 session security if negotiated".

Thanks for using the Answers Forum. Please let us know how this works out.

Joseph
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Hi Karlqvist and ilesal,

Thanks for posting to "Getting Ready for Windows 7" community forum.

Are you running any antivirus/firewall solutions (other than Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, etc.) which might interfere with your network access? There are lot of known issues with these kind of products, so you might want to try temporarily shutting them down or even completely uninstalling them.

You might verify that you have the proper definitions setup to access the device through those programs.

If you are not certain, you may want to boot into a clean boot state and then try to access the device.

Here is an article for clean boot.  Follow step one-although it's for Vista it is the same procedure-then verify whether you are able to access.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Remember to boot your system back into a normal state after troubleshooting is complete.

Please let us know if further assistance is needed.

Debbie
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Debbie

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.