Question

Q: my windows live preview pane does not work. This thread is locked from future replies

My windows live preview pane stop working after 11 mos. of working . I tried restarting computer and it work for a few min. then stopped. I then did a restore and again it worked for a few min. then stopped working again.    Help 

By stopped working I mean a blank window (in the preview pane) which briefly states " there is no message selected ' (but there is a message selected)

Windows live mail  version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726)

Answer

A:

Can I switch back to my old version ?

No, not with any hope of success. You could perhaps revert to WLMail 2009 14.0.8117.0416 after a clean uninstall, but since the upgrade didn't solve your problem, that reversion is not likely to, either.

Are you still seeing There is no message selected when you have deliberately clicked on a message in the message list? What happens if you double-click on a message?

Does the problem still occur with a different keyboard and/or mouse?

Do you have any software installed that might conceivably interfere with this type of function - a screen reader, for example?

Is your Silverlight up to date? This site will tell you: Silverlight Version Test. It should be at least 4.0.60831.0.

I must admit I'm grasping at straws - yours is the first case of its kind that I've come across in more than five years of observing and using this program. I'm inclined to state the obvious - unexpected behaviour is often a symptom of a malware infection or, equally disturbing, over-aggressive security software. What AV are you running?

Noel

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1725 Last updated: December 20, 2017 Applies to: