Is it necessary to remove password (protection) each time i want to access a shared hp 1007 printer.

I have a printer that is connected to a Win7 machine and shared with other twelve Win7 machines. One of those twelve machines is password protected. When i want to access my printer from that password protected machine it is showing offline...But when i remove the password it shows online and prints if given command..Is it possible to access my printer without removing my password.. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2018 Views 64 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Since the password protected sharing is turned on only on one pc, you may try to turn on password protected sharing on the PC where you have the printer connected and check what happens.
Usually on a home network, when you provide passwords, it will ask for the password only for the first time and remember it later when you try to share the printer or files.
The settings should also be the same on the PC where the printer is connected and the shared PC.
If it asking for a passoword provide the passowrd on both the PC and check if you are able to get the printer online and print.

For further information, refer to the article:

Why can’t I print to a printer in my homegroup?

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.