I'm not terribly experienced with networking so let me know if I leave out any info that might be relevant.
I am running Windows 7 64bit and have set up an ad hoc network between this computer and another computer running XP. The XP computer says that it is connected to the network however it will not connect to the internet connection from the Windows 7 computer.
What I have done so far:
- Set up a wireless ad hoc (WEP)
- Copied the network profile to a USB flashdrive
- Plugged in to XP computer
- Connected to the network on the XP PC
- Shared my internet connection on the Windows 7 PC